The collective achievements are more important and it is in the certainty that, in the end, FC Porto will celebrate the title, which the Spaniard supports, at a stage where he does not start and is still waiting to make a debut.
Óliver Torres is the only player on the roster from the start and still does not know what to score. Hence, keep your focus on progressing and evolving towards being a better and more complete player. While this is not enough, it matters that the team wins.
He has just completed 100 matches for FC Porto. What was the most marked?
-There was a magic day, Champions game, with Bayern [15/04/2015], where we won 3-1. It was an incredible game, a game of those that make us feel special as professionals. It was a magical night.
And the best of the 10 goals you scored?
– All goals are special, but the first [3-0 victory over Moreirense, 08/31/2014] marked me more, to celebrate, to see the affection of the people … The truth is that this was the more special.
Remember the premiere?
– I remember well, was against the Maritime [15/08/2014]. It was amazing. And it’s amazing to do 100 blue and white games. Make me proud. This is more than I ever imagined. As a child, I could not even imagine that I could achieve such goals. In fact, I want to thank my family, my brothers, my friends and my girlfriend too, because they are always present, especially during bad times. All I got is thanks to them.
At the beginning of the season, he said in an interview with THE GAME that he liked to improve the finals [10 goals in 100 games]. Still have that goal?
– Yes, I keep the objective of improving the finalization. But I am sure that I will improve and that the day will come when I will score many goals. I am aware that I have to improve this and I will work to be better every day, every training, every game. I’m 23 years old and I still have time to improve.
FC Porto have now returned to the victories. Was it important, after the misstep in Paços de Ferreira?
– It was a difficult game. We had to come in strong and we did. The team was packed and made a great game. The fans were with us, as they have always been. They were magical. I am sure that together we will achieve the goal we want.
Game by game, this objective [title] is closer. Do you still believe with all your strength that you will be champions?
– Yes absolutely yes. We are first in the standings and nobody wants the title any more than we do.