Curious statements by Marc Kosicke, agent of Jurgen Klopp. According to the manager, the current Liverpool coach would fit well at Bayern Munich, at a time when the future of the Bavarians will be questioned after the departure of Jupp Heynckes.
“Jurgen is not too big for Bayern nor is Bayern too big for him. No doubt Jurgen would do a “good job.” Bayern and Klopp would fit well, but it is something that is not feasible at the moment. He has a contract until 2022 and I do not think his work in Liverpool is over. It is true that Bayern are looking for a coach, but at the moment Jurgen thinks of nothing but the reds, “said the agent, quoted by ESPN.
It is recalled that Klopp guided for seven seasons Borussia Dortmund, one of the teams that tries to counterbalance the power of Bayern in Germanic football. He won the Bundesliga on two occasions and a German Cup and three Super Cups.
The 50-year-old is making his third season at Anfield.
After having cashed in on Philippe Coutinho’s transfer to FC Barcelona for €160 million and spent around half of that income on Southampton’s Virgil Van Dijk, Liverpool are looking to strenghten their attack with the rest.
The Liverpool Echo report that Jurgen Klopp and the club’s directors are looking to replace Coutinho by bringing back former Spanish winger Suso, who is currently playing for AC Milan.
According to the report, AC Milan have already informed Liverpool that they do not want to part ways with the player who has developed into a great player with the Rossonero whom he joined three years ago from Anfield for around €1 million.
The player himself is also reportedly sceptical of returning a club that dismissed him and did not believe in him but this could change in the summer. When signing a new contract with AC Milan a redemption clause of somewhere around €40-50 million was inserted and if AC Milan fail to qualify for the Champions League whilst Liverpool do qualify for the tournament, then he could rejoin Liverpool and AC Milan can’t do anything to stop him.
Alan Smith has urged Liverpool FC to sign former Manchester United defender Jonny Evans from West Brom in the January transfer window.
The Reds have struggled defensively throughout the 2017-18 season so far to undermine their brilliant attacking prowess.
Liverpool FC have the Premier League’s leading goal-scorer, Mohamed Salah, after the summer signing scored 14 times in his opening 17 top-flight games as a Red.
However, the Merseyside outfit have conceded 20 times in the Premier League this season due in part to the poor performances of Dejan Lovren and Ragnar Klavan.
The 18-time English champions attempted to sign Southampton captain Virgil van Dijk in the summer transfer window but the Saints refused to sell the Netherlands international.
Liverpool FC have been linked with a fresh attempt to sign the former Celtic centre-half in January to help bolster their top-four challenge.
However, ex-Arsenal striker Smith believes Northern Ireland international Evans would be a fantastic addition to Klopp’s squad.
Asked whether he could see Evans at Liverpool FC, Smith told Sky Sports News on Friday:
“Yes I could (see Jonny Evans signing), definitely, definitely. I think it will be hard for West Brom if the money was right.
“Jonny’s a really solid citizen as well, you know what you are getting with him coming into the dressing room. He’s a good lad, highly experienced, knows what it’s about playing for a big club at Manchester United. It’s a no-brainer for a few managers I think that.”
Evans spent 11 seasons at Manchester United and won three Premier League titles with the Red Devils before he completed a switch to West Brom in 2015.
The Northern Irish defender has been linked with a potential switch to Arsenal or Manchester City over the past 12 months or so.
Liverpool have been heavily linked with a move for Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk.
When speaking exclusively to BT Sport, ex-Reds striker Michael Owen explained how things really will be looking up for his former club if they manage to get a deal for Saints centre-back Virgil van Dijk over the line soon.
Liverpool have been quite sensational going forward this season, but question marks remain over their fragile defence, and Jürgen Klopp will surely be prioritising the addition of an established centre-back in January.
One of their prime targets is the Southampton ace, although Yahoo Sports claim that it would take £70 million to prise him away from St Mary’s.
The 26-year-old is one of the most highly-rated defenders in the league, however, and although £70 million seems rather extortionate on the face of it, in today’s currently inflated transfer market, it could very well prove to be good value for the Merseyside outfit.
And Owen labelled the Dutchman as a ‘proper player’, when speaking to BT Sport, insisting that things will be looking up for the Reds, if they manage to sign Van Dijk:
“Van Dijk is a proper player. If they can get him and Keita in midfield, things are looking up.”
With the opening of the January transfer window just three weeks away, this will certainly be one to keep an eye on.